4 Microsoft Dynamics CRM tips to help you become a superuser
Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a customer relationship management (CRM) software package from Microsoft. Dynamics CRM is intended to help users improve the productivity and effectiveness of their sales and marketing campaigns and get better business insights, especially by integrating with other Microsoft products such as Office 365.
If you’re like most Dynamics CRM users, you’ll want to get the most mileage out of the application, uncovering any hidden tips and tricks that’ll help you along the way. In this article, we’ll go over 4 Microsoft Dynamics CRM tips that’ll help you become more efficient.
1. Know your keyboard shortcuts
Time is money when you’re working with CRM software, and every little bit can help you become more productive.
Let’s start our Microsoft Dynamics CRM tips with some of the most useful Dynamics CRM keyboard shortcuts.
- Shift + Tab: Move backward to the previous field or option (just as Tab moves you forward to the next one).
- Ctrl + [: Switch to the first tab on the command bar.
- Ctrl + ]: Switch to the last tab on the command bar.
- Ctrl + K: Automatically fill the current field with the correct value after typing a few letters.
- Ctrl + Shift + S: Save and create a new document or workspace.
- Alt + S: Save and close.
2. Add members to different marketing lists
Since the release of the 2015 version of Dynamics CRM, you can now add Leads, Contacts or Accounts from one marketing list to another marketing list. This saves you the time and effort of looking up and adding each member individually.
Here’s how you can do this.
- Under Marketing, select the Marketing Lists option.
- You will see a list or grid view of your active marketing lists. Click on the list whose members you wish to add to another list, and then click on the Record Associated View icon.
- Select the members of the list that you want to add to another list, and then click on the ellipses icon. Click on “Add to Another Marketing List.” From here, you can select the desired list or create a new list.
3. Use business rules
One of the benefits of CRM software such as Dynamics CRM is the ability to define your own business rules.
In fact, this is so powerful that our list of Microsoft Dynamics CRM tips wouldn’t be complete without it.
For example, users can define a business rule that hides a field or changes the value of it based on the size of a value in another field.
4. Automatically generate documents
Sales and marketing campaigns are absolutely rife with piles of paperwork that must be created and reviewed. You can save yourself time and improve your customer relationships by automatically generating templates in Microsoft Word.
Here’s how to do it.
- From the Settings menu, select Processes. Create a new process of type “Workflow” on the Campaign entity, and set the scope to Organization.
- Set the workflow to run when record fields change and select the field as “Status Reason.” Click on Add Step > Check Condition, and then Add Step > Perform Action. The Action should be “SetWordTemplate.”
- Click on Properties to the right of Action, and choose the “Selected Template” that you want to generate. Finally, choose the Target to be your current campaign.
- Save and activate the workflow.